I have a nephew and younger cousin who are going to high school next year. I am overjoyed but having a hard time accepting their age. My younger cousin’s school asked the families of their students to write letters for them as they enter into high school. I thought about the letter for over a week and my creative juices just weren’t flowing. By the time my writer’s block ended, I came up with a good list of tips and decided to not take the “letter” so literal. I came up with 10 tips to help her conquer high school, and I believe that they can help beyond grade school and work in life as well. I decided to share it here in hopes that it will help others.
- Seek God first in everything you do. He will never leave you nor forsake you.
2. Study hard and seek knowledge. Intelligence goes a long way.
3. Don’t waste time worrying about a relationship. There will be plenty of time for that after your college degree. 🙂
4. Continue to exercise and eat balanced meals. I once heard a moment on your lips and a lifetime on your hips. I wish someone would have shared that with me at your age.
5. Be true to yourself. Never change your attitude to suit others. If people don’t like you they obviously have a problem.
6. Be careful of the company you keep! Do not allow yourself to get caught up with people who are not headed in the same direction as you.
7. Critically think before making any decision. One bad decision could change the entire course of your life.
8. Be selective with the information you share with people around you. Everything is not everybody’s business.
9. Respect and listen to your parents! They are here to make your life less difficult.
10. Enjoy each and every day! These next four years are going to go by fast. Please, please, please soak up each smile, laugh, tear, and lesson.